Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sarah, Duchess of York Celebrating The Young Victoria Film

(From Huffington Post)

I married Her Majesty the Queen's best looking son. I agreed to become a naval wife. Two weeks after we were married, we were separated; he went to sea, and I went to the second floor apartment at Buckingham Palace. I was so sad without him. I saw him for 40 days for the first five years of our marriage. I was broken hearted. I missed him beyond words, beyond the description in these writings. I needed my man.

So I immersed myself into the life of Victoria and Albert. I started by a visit to Osborne House on the Isle of Wight. It was the happiest of their homes, where their nine children would act out charades for their parents, and tend the vegetable gardens for the royal table once a month. I became fascinated by the love story of Victoria and Albert. Maybe because my own great love -- my Andrew -- was not at home. But whatever it took I would study with vigour the love story of these two incredible people. Benita Stoney and I worked tirelessly to bring the book to life. Eventually, George Wiedenfeld published it at Osborne House, followed shortly afterwards by The Travels of Queen Victoria and Albert through Europe.

[complete story]

3 comments:

Bill said...

Hello, Julio. I'm catching up on some of your recent posts (you've been busy!).

Thanks for filling us in on Sarah, Duchess of York's latest endeavor. And "Miss Cleo" was hilarious!!!

I hope you and your family have a fantastic stay in Paris. Congratulations on your anniversary and on the finalization of your son's adoption!

Your latest tablescape was amazing, as always! Those pale blue stems are stunning, as are so many of your beautiful pieces!

I wish you and yours the happiest of Christmases. Thank you for your friendship.

Warmest regards,
Bill

Liliana Leon said...

wow! your blog is amazing!! look forward to reading more! I abolutely love design!

Your new follower,

Liliana

Linda Q said...

I want to see Young Victoria, I think it will be great. I love that era and the history of it all.
Linda