Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cabin Inspiration

Tomorrow (01/20/12) we pick up the keys to the vacation cabin.  It will be great to spend some time in the home without a realtor,inspector,appraiser or contractor in the way.  Our goal is to complete all the necessary repairs in the next 3 months to make the property comfortable.  In the meantime, I wanted to share one of the many inspiring spaces that capture the look and style I hope to bring to our cabin.


  This home designed by Suzanne Kasler was the image that immediately came to me when I first saw our cabin. It was featured in Architectural Digest's June 2009 issue. This property is located in the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee.

   Like this design, I envisioned classic European accent furniture and accessories such as a gilded baroque and/or Federal style convex mirrors anchored by neoclassical sconces with an antique brass finish.
There is a mixture of rich leather,paisley,tartan plaid and animal print fabrics on the sofa,chairs and drapery treatments.  Ornate framed oil paintings of countryside landscapes and large tapestries adorn the walls.
The rustic walls and floors add the warmth and coziness to give the formal pieces a calming and welcoming environment.
 The Empire style chairs anchored by the yellow gold upholstered chairs on the end compliments the space perfectly!   Suzanne did such an amazing job bringing everything together in this home.

She quickly became one of my favorite designers. You can visit her website to see more of her terrific work here.  Please come back and visit as I share other inspiring rustic and elegant spaces.

11 comments:

vignette design said...

Julio, this is exactly how I pictured you would decorate your new cabin. Oh, how wonderful it's going to be. I have cabin on the brain right now. So obsessed with the whole log cabin, dark and rich interiors. This is going to be such a fun project for you. Congratulations my friend. Enjoy! ~Delores

Janie's World said...

Wow! How wonderful and inspiring. I've never seen a cabin like this, I can't wait to see your version!

The Sewing Loft said...

Your decorating ideas are wonderful! Warm and inviting, classy and comfy....it is all there and I know you will do a beautiful job on your new home-away-from-home. Looking forward to the journey. :)

Barb

Entertaining Women said...

You're embarking on such a wonderful new journey. I love the point - counterpoint design in your inspiration photos. Congratulations on making your dream come true. I'll be excited to follow your progress. Cherry Kay

The enchanted home said...

Holy smokes...these cabins are to die for!!!! I would never want to leave if any one of those were my cabin. I absolutely cannot wait to see what you do, I know its going to be fabulous!!!!

Paisley Curtain said...

Congratulations! you have your cabin. These pictures are wonderful, but the way you have decorated your home, I can bet your cabin will be spectacular too.

HRH The Duchess of State said...

Love the inspiration dahhling! So imposibly chic!

Connie said...

I'm not even a "cabin person" but I love your pictures - the mix of elegant with rustic is wonderful. I can't wait to follow your progress.

laney said...

...this is so perfect...to go with our perfect mountains...laney

kamagra said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mike said...

Both the lamp and the photos in the kitchen are very nice.