Saturday, September 5, 2009

Who Is Tom Arma?


He's a journalist,photographer,costume designer and entrepreneur. But what most impressed me about Arma is that he is clearly an all around nice guy. He adamantly advocates on behalf of animals and the environment. It has been an inspiration behind his success.




The New York Times reported him as "the most published baby photographer in the world." All the costumes in this post are creations of Tom Arma Costumes, Inc.



The heirloom quality costumes come with a packet insert with "critter facts" by the National Wildlife Federation, promoting conservation awareness. 100% of the electricity used to make the costumes is offset with Certified Renewable Energy Certificates.



Arma's career began as a teenager working for the New York Daily News where he was the youngest staff photographer.



After several years of covering news and entertainment assignments, Arma decided to open his own freelance studio focusing on advertising work.



In 1972, he began photographing babies. His work was featured in many popular periodicals. That became the impetus to the success that followed.
In the 1980's his work with costumed children made the cover of magazines such as Ladies Home Journal.



During this same time, he began to express his ecological passion and created his Please Save The Animals campaign with a series of posters and greeting cards of babies dressed in the animal costumes which he designed.


It became a huge international success. Today, Arma has authored 47 original photography books worldwide. Some of those includes the popular Dress Up Time and Animal Time.

This is the snowman costume we just ordered for our 2 year old. I cannot wait to see him in it. If you're interested in purchasing one of Arma's creations, visit Halloween Express, the official retailer for Tom Arma costumes.

12 comments:

Janie's World said...

OMG!!!! The cutest thing I've ever seen!

Linda Q said...

LOL OMG!! Those babies in those costumes, way to cute. I think I might need one or two for my grandbaby to be. Actually need an Irish costume as it is due around St. Patrick's day!
Linda

Paris Atelier said...

Oh my goodness Julio!!! These are amazing! I adore the little monkey costume and that lion is fantastic! Your little one is going to be too adorable in his costume!!! I love it! I love reading about the artist as well. Great post! I hope you are well my dear friend,
all my best to you and yours!
xoxo
Judith~

Elise said...

Hello, I love this post. You have the most beautiful and perfect site here. Thank you so much for sharing it ... & best wishes

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

Julio...what a delightful post! These costumes really are heirloom quality! The babies of course were precious...I love the one where he's about to take a bite out of the tail! LOL I'm going to hop over to the site an check them out. :-)
Susan

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Just too cute for words..
hugs ~lynne~

Sabina said...

When I saw these images I nearly fell out of my chair - OMGosh unbelievably cute and creative costumes!! Great info on Tom Arma and his his Please Save The Animals campaign as well. I just realized that you are not on my blog roll but now are!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

food handling certificate said...

These babies wearing animal costumes are so cute! It just brightens up my day.

Global city condo said...

Aw! The photos are so adorable! Put a smile on my face. I can’t take my eyes off them they’re so cute! I love it.

Halloween Costumes Chick said...

OMG!!! These are the cutest costumes! The faces on the kids are great! Thank you so much for posting this!

Jennifer said...

I really like this costumes and the kids are looking so cute in that costumes
.

Andrea Vives said...

Can anyone help me to where I can find the porcupine one please.