Wednesday, September 16, 2009

TableScape Thursday "Playing In The Dishes"


September 23, 2009-ATTENTION FELLOW TABLESCAPERS, Sorry, I entered last week's tablescape. Please visit click here Book & Supper Club Dinner for this week's Tablescape Thursday.
Happy Tablescape Thursday! For more colorful and creative table settings, please visit Between Naps On The Porch blog hosted by the lovely and talented Susan.

Last week's Tablescape Thursdays, host Susan decided to "play in the dishes" which simply meant more eye candy for her readers. I thoroughly enjoyed every setting. So much so that this past weekend I made some time to also "play in the dishes".

Unfortunately, for me, I made the mistake of deciding to play outside in over 90 something degree weather with humidity:-(
So, naturally, to avoid dehydration (Terrified at the thought of passing out from a heatstroke and a dispatched emergency rescue team hurries to resuscitate me only to find out this was brought on because I was "playing in the dishes" outside.) I was only able to set one table for 4 using Spode.

This is simply a mocked tablesetting thus the faux florals.

However, this was also sort of a dress rehearsal for Christmas dinner.

We will be celebrating this year's Christmas at home with Dan's twin sister and her husband as our guests.

We live in Northern California where it almost never snows and quite often, it also does not rain.

If so, then all we'll need is 2 outdoor heaters and our 10'X10' pavilion which is also water-proof(so it says).

My 2 year old table assistant pointing out a flaw in the way I arranged the dinner fork.










I started out with this compote which I liked, but was just too tall making it difficult to get good photos of the table from all angles.



Chargeplate-Noritake
Dinnerware-Spode (Stafford Flowers)
Stemware: Ajka (cobalt stems) etched crystal(vintage, unknown but mother in-law believes its Libbey)
Flatware-Godinger(Cassetti)

The next photos in Sepia tone included dinnerware by Bernardaud from the Elysee collection. I originally thought about mixing two patterns, the Bernardaud & Spode. However, after taking the photos, I decided to change out the Elysee pattern and just use all Spode. I think these images came out better in Sepia.







Thank you very much for stopping by and visiting my tablescape. Again, for more beautiful and unique table settings, please visit Between Naps On The Porch.

34 comments:

SouthernGal84 said...

Holy cow! this looks like a royal dinner. You have a beautiful backyard.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Elegant and lovely..I can see how the sepia tone works with the table setting. It has an old fashioned, antique air about it. It is all just beautiful.

Jane (Frugal Fine Living) said...

It's beautiful! So very elegant!

Jane

ellen b said...

What a marvelous table fit for a King and Queen! Beatiful as are the photographs...

Julie said...

WOW,WOW,It's beautiful,Elegant and lovely ....I love it all...
xoxo
Julie

Rettabug said...

What exquisite taste you have, Julio! This table setting is beautiful beyond words.
The little helping hand photo is priceless....you should frame it!

I think I should go to confession for being so jealous of your outdoor living space. LOL

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

Hi Julio...Ok, first of all, I'm jealous that you have a tablescaping assistant! I need someone helping me straighten my flatware each week! :-) You get the Tablescape Purple Heart this week for risking heat stroke! I could just see the look on the paramedics face when he discovers you sacrificed health for dishes! :-) Your tablescape is gorgeous...all the pics are magazine worthy. The sepia tone ones are soooo elegant looking...even more so than the color ones...which really surprised me. How smart you were to show those, too! I love your cobalt stemware...really stunning. So glad you decided to "play in the dishes" this week! :-)
Susan

Maureen said...

WOW! Just WOW!sess

Bill said...

Hello, Julio. I'm so glad you suffered for your art and brought us this fantastic table in such an enchanted setting. Well, I'm not glad you suffered! I'm most appreciative that you endured risk of heat stroke to dazzle us with your refined tastes and beautiful things.

Please congratulate your assistant on his contribution ... obviously, you're working with a tablescaping prodigy! ;)

Warmest regards,
Bill

Deanna said...

This is the most elegant and charming table setting I've seen in a while...Absolutely gorgeous.
Every item is beautifully arranged.
SO glad I was able to view your tastefully displayed table for TT.

Hope to see more.
Blessings,
d

xinex said...

Both your tablescapes are so elegant, Julio! I am in love with that very pretty compote. Your dishes are gorgeous and the stemware are stunning. Everything is so well put together....Christine

bj said...

Omigosh...it is all just STUNNING. What a lovely table. And the area you are set up is lovely, too. I am crazy about the striped awnings..Now, I want some over a couple windows at my place!! :)
I would kill for your flatware...just magnificent.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

This is just knock you over gorgeous! I LOVE that flatware (what a cute little assistant you have) - You'll have a most elegant Christmas dinner -- can I come?

santamaker said...

Thanks for sharing this gorgeous tablescape..... sheer elegance!

Sweet TN Biscuits said...

This is beautiful. Sepia pics are really neat

Janie's World said...

Julio, your taste is impeccable! You create the most beautifully elegant tables. Your dishes and stemware are exquisite!

Brenda said...

How truly elegant! I'm so impressed with your table! Spode. Oh, maybe someday. This looks like it's ready for a magazine spread!
Brenda

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

What a stunning tablescape. Everything is just absolutely gorgeous. I really love it all. Hugs, Marty

susan said...

Julio--Yes you did PLAY in the dishes. I was not familiar with the Staffordshire, but it is beautiful! Your table is elegant and I love the sepia pictures. Shhh...we never would have known the flowers weren't real in the photos! Thanks for stopping by! Oh yes, I love those awninngs!

Jeannine said...

Beautiful table, it will be lovely for the holidays. We're in Nor Cal as well and haven't eaten outside all summer because of the extreme heat. Maybe in the next few weeks.

Blondie's Journal said...

A lovely and elegant table! I think it will be just perfect for the holidays. I love the attention to detail and how everything works together. You have SO many nice pieces. Just stunning!!

Happy tablescaping, Julio

xoxo
Jane

El said...

Stunning. Absolutely stunning.

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Absolutely gorgeous! laurie

Jane said...

Julio,
You have truly inspired me! Not only with the beautiful table setting, but but with your outdoor setting, too. Your table is stunning. You have a wonderful assistant, too. Love that pudgy little hand!

Jane (Artfully Graced)

Anonymous said...

Julio --

I may not blog any more, but I still sneak time to read yours!

This setting is so elegant, as usual, and I expect nothing less from you.

Glad to hear you did not have the vapors in the excessive heat ... we have to suffer for beauty. So said my Grandma.

Scribbler

once in a blue moon... said...

oh what a beautiful blog and gorgeous table! i love the blue accent and especially like your iris plate. just wonderful!

The Blushing Hostess said...

Beatiful, I do love blue and white. thank you for sharing the patterns with us!

Shelia said...

No fair! No fair! You have a tiny assistant! :) What a precious little chubby hand! You and your tiny assistant have set a beautiful elegant table! This is really magnificent! Everything is so gorgeous!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Barbara said...

What an elegant tablescape.

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Wow! Your Spode china is gorgeous. I just about love anything Spode! Beautiful!

Christi

Marsha's Mpressions said...

Julio, it is all so beautiful! Love the setting of the whole place to, out on the veranda.

Dream Mom said...

What a beautiful tablescape. I love the blue charges with the gorgeous floral plates. Everything is so elegant and the blue stemware and chargers really pop! And eating out on the veranda, well, I really don't think it could get any better than that.

Perhaps next week, we can see the "mystery" tablescape assistant:)

Styling by Coty Farquhar, Australia said...

Hi Julio,

I have finally found some time in my week to sit and visit some of Susan's guests, and I am so glad I did as I just love your table setting (as we call it here in Australia). I have mentioned you and your table today on my Tablescape post, I hope you come and visit.

Big hugs from Down Under,

Coty

SPLENDEROSA said...

Absolutely Wonderful! So happy I found you & your work. I love all your fav blog posts also. Marsha in Houston