Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tablescapes Inspired Innovation


(image photographer/artist unknown)

Since the beginning of January 2009, I have enjoyed participating in fellow blogger Susan's Tablescape Thursday event which has been a wonderful growing experience that has enhanced my appreciation for tableware. Thank you Susan!!!

Just 2 years later, as a result of all the inspiration and ideas, a small design concept for tableware came to mind. I've decided to see if perhaps this concept has potential in the marketplace.
Last week I successfully completed the first leg of a two step U.S. patent process by conducting a patent search to ensure the originality of the concept.
Yesterday, I finished the second step by completing and submitting the required application for a provisional patent along with a visual drawing/sketch of the idea. Once I receive an official date filed, I can publicly share and market the concept to manufacturers or anyone interested without fear of someone reclaiming the concept as their own.
Please stay tuned as I am very anxious about sharing this design concept with everyone.
Wish me luck.

4 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Wow this sounds awfully exciting!! Cannot wait to hear all about it! Congrats on getting this far..nothing like realizing a dream.....

Janie's World said...

Excited to see it! Ditto above.

Concrete Jungle said...

Best of luck...we wait with baited breath!

vignette design said...

Woa, I'm so excited for you! And so excited to see what you are coming up with. I know it'll be great!