Tuesday, September 21, 2010

FLAIR By Joe Nye


Yesterday I received my copy of Flair by Joe Nye. The beautiful photography by Edmund Barr captures the fact that Nye's settings are works of art.

Aside from providing visual inspiration, Nye shares great tips on how to create the perfect event from beginning to end.

San Francisco designer Scot Meacham recommends the book. This endorsement speaks volumes for its quality.

This book is ideal for people like me who have a fascination with table settings and enjoy entertaining.


6 comments:

vignette design said...

"Flair" by Joe Nye needs to be on my coffee table! Looks like a wonderful book--if both Scot and Julio recommend it, it has to be good. I need some inspiration right now....

xinex said...

Oh I love those pictures. I will have to look for that book. Hey Julio, I thought about you when I created this tablescape at http://christineshomeandtraveladventures.blogspot.com/2010/09/dinner-with-napoleon-bonaparte-and.html
I hope you will go see it.....Christie

Dining and Decor said...

I really love this book. It's beautiful!

Atelier de Charo said...

So beautiful and inspirational pictures!

Rettabug said...

Oh my, what a delicious looking book, Julio! Thanks for telling us about it. I immediately requested it from our library.
That epergne is fabulous...I've had my eye out for one for a long time.

Also wanted to say 'thank you' for your generous offer to make a video for us dishaholics. I think I can do it with my Time Warner movie maker but if I get stuck, I'm calling YOU!! ;-) I loved seeing your 3 movies & Bill's at AA, too. Well done!

Hugs to you & yours,
Rett

Karena said...

Julio, this is one I do not have yet! I adore Joe Nye's design works.

Karena
Art by Karena