Friday, January 22, 2010

Under The Weather In Paris


Bonjour everyone! Since, our trip to the Musee D'orsay, Papa and I came down with a respiratory infection. We even had a doctor from S.O.S. Medecins come to the apartment for a check up and he prescribed medication. He examined me on the sofa!?! Daddy said the doctor's bag and equipment were just like those Daddy saw in old movies.

The bad news is we had to cancel our trip to Geneva, Switzerland because Papa and I could not fly at the time. Luckily, we were able to cancel our hotel reservations, however, we had to chalk up our non refundable airplane tickets.

But, the great news is that Madelyn, of Paris Perfect, upgraded our apartment for the rest of our stay in Paris to this fabulous 2 story 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bathroom luxe apartment. So, even though we did not make it to Geneva...we are living it up here. The apartment has a balcony that looks onto Avenue de La Bourdonnais and of course, the Eiffel Tower.

Pretty sweet hospital, huh? If you're going to fall ill and have to stay inside while in Paris, this is the place be to do it.

Here I am, with Sheep watching my Caillou dvd over and over and over and over. My parents were annoyed with him but I told them it's too bad, if they hadn't dragged me out in the rain I wouldn't have gotten sick so they need to deal with it.

Here I am, day 2 and feeling better and able to watch Caillou over and over and over again but standing up now.

A view from the living room balcony

Another with the Eiffel Tower in view

This is a view from my downstairs bedroom.

Bonjour everyone back home!

2nd guest bedroom.

My bedroom

The master bedroom.
Well, that's it for now. But, now that I'm fully recovered we will be back on the road hitting the sights tomorrow, so stayed tuned!

The Little American

7 comments:

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

Oh, Little Fella, I'm so sorry you fell ill on your voyage fantastique! - and your Papa, too! The good thing about being such a jeune petit Américain is that you still have many many years to visit Geneva.

I have never seen the movie "Caillou" - it sounds as if you highly recommend it. Do you think grown up would like it, too?

Your new hotel suite is pretty darned wonderful. I have been to Paris many times, but I've never stayed in such an elegant apartment!

I hope you are feeling much better so you can continue seeing more of Paris and all it has to offer!

au revoir!

Lize said...

I hope you all feel much better soon! I do hope you get to go to Geneva in summer! They have so many fun things to do in the parks then. Especially for children, oops, I mean big boys like you! Enjoy the stay in your wonderful apartment. I like to watch 'Caillou' too! (Do you know what the name means?)

PS. Tell Daddy that he has been taking excellent photos and that we wondered if it is because he has a new camera?

Bill said...

I'm sorry to hear that you and your Papa haven't been feeling well. It's a good thing you have Caillou to keep you company and Daddy to take care of everyone. I'm sure he's spoiling you and Papa in that beautiful apartment.

I hope you're being cheerful patients and that you'll remember to spoil Daddy a little when you're feeling better. He deserves it, doesn't he?

Bye for now ...
Bill

Linda Q said...

Bonjour Little American Daniel,
So sorry you and Papa got ill, that is never fun but hope you are both all well real soon. You have to have more fun!
And sorry about Geneva, I was going to be interested in seeing it with you through the use of technology because I have ancestors from there. My GG grandpapa was Swiss/German, Hermann Scherrer and so I dream of going to Switzerland and seeing the country one day.
Your new French apartment is so wonderful, glad you still get to vacation, not a bad place to do it I would say!!
Enjoy and drink lots of juices and take care of your Daddy and Papa too!
Hugs mon amies,
Linda

xinex said...

So sorry that you and your papa got sick but your apartment in paris is gorgeous. What a view!..Christine

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

So sorry the little American and his Papa were sick for a few days...know you guys are going to have a blast now that you're better! Have fun...take lots of pics to share. Your suite is gorgeous! Love the views!

Paris Atelier said...

Oh Mon Dieu! I do hope you feel better soon little one and your Papa as well. I suppose if you are to be ill, that apartment is the place to be~ Feel better soon little darling!!!
xoxo
Judith~