Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Little American Goes To Paris


Bonjour! I am the little 2 year old American.
My parents thought since this is my first trip to Paris, it is appropriate that I share my experience on my Dad's blog. I begin with my excitement getting on the overnight hotel's park 'n fly shuttle service to the San Francisco International Airport. You'll notice throughout my trip, I'm dressed almost exclusively in black. My Dads are so obsessed about blending in with the locals so they are convinced that our entire wardrobe of black clothing would help do the trick. My only carry on responsibility was my backpack on wheels containing my favorite bedtime story books and some Thomas trains with one of my 2 travel companions George the monkey. That's George, the one I'm choke holding.

After arriving at the airport and passing through security, I had over an hour before my flight took off, so I decided to unwind with Dad's laptop to watch one of my favorite PBS show, Caillou. I can watch that kid all day if parents let me.

Okay, I just learned our flight is delayed by an hour. There aren't enough snacks and sandwiches in the waiting lounge to contain my impatience if I hear about any further delays.....

This was taken about 4 hours into our flight. As you can see, I was not too thrilled about retiring so soon. However, I was out voted 2 to 1 so I begrudgingly capitulated. There was also cheering with a round of a applause in the cabin as I laid my head down. I'm not sure what that was about.

Finally... five hours into the flight, I gave in and decided perhaps a beauty nap would be best before my arrival in Paris...so, Sheep, my closest traveling companion, and I doze off.

"Garcon! I just arrived in Paris after a 15 hour travel day and I want my hot chocolate now!..si vous plait"

Before we retired to our apartment, I perused the scrumptious looking baked goods at a nearby Boulangerie Patisserie to find a treat to satiate my sweet tooth after dinner.

Alas, we arrive at our beautiful Paris Perfect's Cotes Du Rhone apartment, which is even more beautiful then the images on the website. My Dad promises more images and details on this lovely apartment to follow.

That's me on the sofa with Sheep, unwinding from a little jetlag, enjoying a French cartoon in the apartment while my Dads fight in the other room about whose fault it was for not predicting there would be a flight delay which created chaos in their scripted travel plans.

Here is the view from one of our living room windows, which all look out to beautiful buildings. From this one, we can see Princess Caroline's apartment with the Eiffel Tower behind it. Hopefully, the Princess will look over one evening and raise a toast in welcoming me to Paris. Stay tuned for more photos and interesting observations on my trip to the city of lights.

Au revoir,
The Little American

9 comments:

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

Oh, Little American! You have a wonderful start to a fun fun holiday!

I love your Paris apartment - it's furnished so beautifully - and the view is perfect! You're such a lucky fellow to get an Eiffel Tower view! I've been to Paris many times, and I've never had a view that lovely!

I think you look like lots of fun - so if you ever need two more daddies, you can always come to New Haven to visit us!

Linda Q said...

Bon Jour Little American, I think your travels could make a wonderful children's book! You are having a wonderful experience, sorry you won't really remember much as you grow up. Don't your parents know they should have taken me, LOL?! You are a doll to blog though and share your experience with all of us who live through you wee one!
You are to cute for words, even if some travelers don't think so, what do they know anyway!!
Bon adventure Mon Ami and say hello to your Daddies for me!
Do you also get to go to Switzerland as well? I am so jealous, my GG Grandfather from Zurich!
Kiss on both checks,
Linda

MaryBeth said...

OMG! That first picture is so adorable. I think I will print it, put it in a frame and tell people he is my son. This is your best post yet! xo, MB

The Elegant Thrifter said...

Such a cute post. Do you need an adopted (much older) brother?

Janie's World said...

Oh, what a lucky Little American! It looks as though you are a good traveler and will be able to take us through the journey with great insight. I look forward to your future posts.

Love that apartment, what a view!

xoxo,
Janie

Paris Atelier said...

Oh Bonjour Mon Petit!! You are the most adorable little American in Paris right now! I agree you would make a wonderful author for your own little book about your very special adventure. Sheep and George are so lucky to have you as a tour guide!

Looking at your pics, you remind me so much of my little Justin! You look very much alike, you are the same age, and you seem to be a little prince, just like him!

You're parents are both super lucky to be able to call you their son and also very brave for taking this journey!!! I'm sure this will be the first of many wonderful, beautiful, memory filled adventures with them.

I wish you all of the best. I have to say I'm a bit jealous of George, he doesn't even look at all interested in the Eiffel tower! Your apartment is a dream and I hope you all stay safe and have a wonderful time! Say hello to your Daddy for me and tell him Congratulations for me! He has so much to celebrate. Starting with you!
Much love to the three of you and I can't wait to see more of your trip!
xoxo
Judith~

Bill said...

Bonjour, petit Américain!

I hope you, George, Sheep, and vos chers Papas have rested well after your long journey. It will be great fun to hear about all your wonderful adventures in Paris! We want lots of photos, OK?

Au revoir pour maintenant ...
Bill

Tell Papa Julio my French is très rusty, so please forgive my erreurs dans la traduction!

Laura said...

Hello Julio, Dan & baby Dan! we too took our (18 mo. old) baby Spencer to France for 3 weeks. He got the 'colic' (runs) the first day. We didn't want to give him cow's milk or fruit juice. We got soup, but his favorite was Mark's clams in garlic white wine sauce & was just fine! All pharmacies can prescribe meds for your little one if he gets sick! The Musee D'Orsay has good BABYSITTING! Have a ball. love, Laura,Mark & Spencer

mickey said...

love seeing you mon bebe Daniel, I miss you but am really having fun watching your holiday. You and Popa are lucky your grandmama saved so many things for you. I like reading Black the story of a pony. Have your parents buy you some books in french if they can. When I was in Paris I stayed in the Marais district, my favorite too. Our apartment was right in front of the place de vogses. love oyou 3, MIMI