Monday, June 1, 2009

The Month Of August...Over The Rainbow!!!



The last time my partner Dan and I took a trip outside the country was in the summer of 2007. It was a trip to Europe with Dan's parents. It was our gift to his mom for her 75th birthday. We had a fantastic time. Traveling with his parents is a lot of fun and educational. They are both history buffs who also love to travel. In November that same year, baby Daniel joined our family. He was born August 6 and spent the first three months of his life in a temporary Foster home pending placement with a Foster Adopt home. Good fortune matched Daniel with us and we became his Foster Adopt parents. He is a beautiful child with an infectious charm. We love him and our families,friends and neighbors love him.
Since he joined us, the furthest trip we've taken has been by car to nearby San Francisco to visit my family or Lake Tahoe to visit Dan's family. We have also gone on an occasional weekend to Napa Valley or Stinson Beach. Our travels have been restricted because we are forbidden to leave the country until the adoption process is final. Although it's been over a year and a half since the little guy has been with us, we only recently received great news that the day to finalize the adoption is near. By his 2nd birthday in August, our adoption will be complete. From there, we await the birth certificate with Daniel's new adopted name. Once we are in receipt of the birth certificate, we're off to our local Passport office for baby boy's first passport. Yes, I'm already researching and planning for our long awaited trip abroad! I just want to get on the first plane out. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Paris Atelier said...

Yaaahhhh!!!! I can't believe it takes so long to finalize an adoption, I had no idea! Congrats! What lucky parents you are and what a lucky boy Baby D is!!! I can't wait to see where you take him on his first trip abroad! What an exciting time for your family. Best of wishes and luck!!! How wonderful for Baby D to have a passport all stamped up as a momento later on in life! I cherish mine that my Mom saved for me. :) I am soooo happy for you!
xoxo
Judith~

Rita Handose said...

what a darling little boy. He is so lucky to have such a wonderful home with loving parents. Can't wait to read where your going.

Janie's World said...

Congratulations! Traveling abroad will be a great way to celebrate the adoption. Please allow me to suggest something that we did that enabled us to visit a lot of countries, but with very little moving around of luggage, baby seats, strollers, etc. Take a European Cruise! I think even Disney does one. That way, you just load your stuff on the ship and every morning you wake up in a new spot and you didn't have to slep all the baby stuff. The Disney cruise even offers babysitting if you wanted to have dinner alone one night.

Chris said...

Is it silly that I got teary eyed at this? I mean, I'm not even maternal.

I enjoy catching up on your unique and fascinating blog. Have a fantastic trip.

Johanna said...

Congratulations on your adoption. What a beautiful and lucky little boy.