Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson's Death: The Talent and the Tragedy



As someone that grew up with Michael Jackson and his brothers music, this is indeed a great shock and loss for me. My thoughts are with his family and friends and those of us that were inspired by his legacy.


The tragedy of Michael Jackson's death at age 50, reportedly from cardiac arrest, pales in comparison to the tragedy of his life. To understand all that Jackson had and lost requires wiping away three decades of plastic surgeries that deformed him, erratic behavior that made his name synonymous with the warping powers of fame, and a 2005 trial for sexually abusing a child that, even though he was spared of any finding of wrongdoing, made him a pariah to all but the most brainwashed of fans.

[Full Story]

5 comments:

lady jicky said...

I feel the same way you do about Michael. He was so talented but ... at what a cost.

Julio said...

Thank you for sharing my sadness Lady jicky. I never understood why people cried over the loss of a celebrity that they never personally met or knew until today. I feel as though I lost a brother. Michael and his brother's music was a big part of my generation. His loss hits too close to home.

Janie's World said...

Very interesting piece. I agree with everything in the Time article. Thanks for sharing. I think I'm going to go listen to the Off The Wall album. I always loved it!

Anonymous said...

I am at a loss for words. He will always be remembered.

Paris Atelier said...

Julio, such a sad, sad day. I don't ever remember being affectd by a celebrity's death like this. He was a true icon and a piece of our history. The world is mourning the loss of a pioneer, an artist, a visionary, and an incredible philanthrapist. I have fond memories of his music and legacy throughout my life. Thanks for sharing this iece as well as the beautiful sentiments.
Be well my friend!
xoxo
Judith~