Thursday, May 28, 2009

Souleiado....An Inspiration To French Country



While shopping online for Souleiado fabrics, I came across a very good article written by Roger Moss of Get French. For the complete story, click on the link below.

Capturing The Sun...

By: Roger Moss/GetFrench.Com

Hidden away in the narrow streets at the heart of Tarascon, on the banks of the Rhône between Arles and Avignon, is a world-renowned symbol of Provençal tradition. We celebrate the world of Souleiado.

There can be few decorative items so instantly recognisable and so powerfully evocative of the region in which they are produced as the printed cotton fabrics of Provence. Style, as they say, never goes out of fashion. And if you know what you're looking for among the countless products inspired by the genre, just one name stands out from all others: Souleiado.

Click here for [Full Story]


Souleiado Museum

2 comments:

Scribbler said...

I, too, love the Souleiado fabrics. While looking at your post, I clicked on the Link Within post about your "Gustavian" chairs.

You are not the only one, Honey!

After I was seduced by old Gustav, I bought a whole slew of white pieces, many yards of yellow check fabric, and then I didn't get the intended house to put them in.

I can't really tell from your pix, but they look good in the photo. I had some of my whiter pieces mixed in, and every time I take a shot, the piece stands out like a camera flash!

Some is now in the attic, although the DR is still white. I am still hoping for The Beach House to transfer all this into!

Scribbler

Diane Dorrans Saeks said...

LOVE YOUR BOOKS --and your blog.

Happy days, DIANE