Monday, August 29, 2011

Kitchen Remodel

Today we finally began construction on a long overdue kitchen update. The demolition crew arrived at 7am this morning. The loud banging followed 40 minutes later non-stop until 3pm. Our poor chow chow Cocco refused to come in the house until the workmen left for the day.



The overall look of the kitchen will be French Country inspired with a soft white finish for the cabinets, some with glass doors. cream granite countertops, oak hardwood floors,white subway tile backsplash and stainless steel appliances. The original design above consisted of a free standing stove with a 2nd separate over. However, we have since changed it to a cooktop with a double wall oven. The current completion date is scheduled for the end of September(yeah right).

This photo I found via a google search which became the inspiration for the new kitchen. I love the elegant yet warm look. Please stay tuned for future updates and before and after photos.

8 comments:

Paisley Curtain said...

It is an exciting project.
From experience I can tell it is smart to have double oven, on big parties and during holidays they become very handy.
Eagerly looking forward for the finished kitchen pictures.
Hope your contractor will be done on time. Good luck!

Mr. Goodwill Hunting said...

First, thanks so much for your vote. I saw your comment and was certainly glad.

Kitchen remodels ahhh the joy...

Cant wait to see it all come together.



Rashon aka Mr. Goodwill Hunting

Chlvie said...

I love looking at your home. I am hoping you do a post at Christmas and share your rooms all decorated.

Chlvie said...

You're my newst follower!? This is so exciting for me. I left a comment early this morning, but it wasn't until just now I saw that you added yourself as a follower of mine.

Thank you so much. Love your site and your work.

Sabina said...

Wow - such an exciting project! I absolutely love the inspiration room!! Can't wait to see the finished kitchen photos!! xx's

Kitchen Remodel Idea Tips anda Guide said...

Hi I am eva. I love your blog. I want to share informatioan about kitchen remodel ideas.
whether and intends to renovate the kitchen? renovate the kitchen is a good idea. There are several things you should consider before renovating. Some important things before renovating the kitchen in between:
- Good design and modern kitchen
This of course should be tailored to your kitchen area.
- Creating a kitchen design
You can use the services of a professional contractor to design your kitchen.
- Maximizing kitchen space
concept is to utilize modern kitchen designs kitchen space with a maximum
- Budget
Kitchen remodel ideas budget that requires quite a lot then you should count the cost before renovating.
- Small kitchen design
If your kitchen space then the smal small kitchen designs suitable untu your kitchen.
Get also other information such as: Refacing kitchen cabinets and direct facuets.

London Decorating and Painting said...

Hey! Nice post! I specially love the pictures! I've been doing a kitchen remodel and I'm out of fresh ideas. If I could, I'll try to incorporate some of your design on my project. Keep up the good work! Thanks! Cheers!

Kevin Akins- kevinrakins@nuhrd.com

Garden sculptures said...

I love love love it!!! this is really amazing!! pictures are absolutely stunning!!! thanks for the share!