Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Queen Of Soul Gets Lost Behind The Bow


Luke Song, the milliner credited for Aretha Franklin's hat worn at President Obama's inauguration filed a federal lawsuit against competitors in the fashion industry for creating knockoffs of his original design.

Mr. Song even went so far as to publicly state that his "lavish and ornate" creation "gained instantaneous fame and notoriety, attracting much more media attention than even Aretha Franklin's performance itself" as quoted in a smoking gun article which broke the news to the New York Times. I can only imagine the diva of soul reading the quote and then getting in the desinger's face singing "you better, think, think,think about what you're trying to do to me". Speaking of divas, if you haven't already seen this, it's a clever commercial featuring the queen of soul. It's a good thing she wasn't wearing one of Song's attention grabber or we would have never recognized Ms. Franklin in the back seat.

5 comments:

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

I saw that commercial not long ago...it was AWESOME! ;-)

Anonymous said...

omg that commercial is too funny

Bill said...

Ooooooh, I think Mr. Song had better watch his back! Loved the commercial, Julio. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Paris Atelier said...

Oh my goodness! I couldn't help but laugh out loud reading this!
xoxo
J

Paris Atelier said...

I almost forgot, I adore your new header, it's beautiful!!
xoxo
J