Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thoughts & Prayers For The Little American's Aunt Dana

Greetings fellow bloggers,

Sorry for the long absence. Since returning from our Paris trip in January, our family has been quite busy getting back into the real world. Dan had to immediately start prepping for a big trial that was weeks away. Meanwhile, I was busy getting little Daniel back on our daily home and activity routine while at the same time coordinating my family's upcoming reunion in July as well as working on a 501c for a non-profit cultural outreach organization I started back in 1999.

(Dana Haley)

However, all of this activity was stopped abruptly by a tragedy that has literally shaken our family's foundation.
On March 8, 2010, my partner's twin sister, Dana, suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm and was rushed to her local trauma center in Reno, Nevada. In a coma, she was put on life support. The following day she was transported via a medi-vac flight to UCSF Medical Center in San Francisco for an emergency operation that evening.
She is still in critical condition in the Neuro-Intensive Care Unit. Since her surgery Dana has undergone 3 angiograms so far due to vaso spasms.


(Dana with parents on her wedding day)


(Dana with her husband Steve)



(Here are the Twins posing in front the identical vehicles they bought without consulting one another.)



I hope to start blogging regularly again soon in an effort to regain some sense of normalcy despite this very troubling situation. Please keep Dana in your thoughts and prayers. She has survived a lot so far and I know the power of prayer and positive thinking has helped and she will come back to us.

14 comments:

Karena said...

Julio I am so sorry. Family tragedies are so difficult and it breaks your heart.

Karena
Art by Karena

Rettabug said...

Knee-mails being sent to Heaven for Dana's complete recovery. Such a difficult time for all involved.

Anonymous said...

Will keep the precious Dana and all of you in our prayers.

MaryBeth said...

Julio, I will be praying for Dana and your family. What a shock. I was so enjoying all of your Paris post and just thought you were taking a while getting back into the swing of things. xo, MB

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

Oh, I'm so so sorry to hear about Dana's travail making recovery. I will keep her name in my meditation basket and send good healing wishes her way. Your partner must be a complete wreck. I'm so sorry.

Give the Little American a hug from me - his Paris excursion was such a delight to experience!

Best,
Tristan

vignette design said...

Julio,
Now I understand why you've been away so long....I am so sorry about Dana and will keep her in my prayers. My husband is a twin, so I know how close twins can be and how this is so difficult for your parter and yourself. Prayers for all of you.....

Janie's World said...

Julio, I am so sad to hear of this tragic turn of events. I will keep Dana and your family in my prayers.

Dan O'Donnell said...

This is Dan...invading Julio's space to say thank you all for your kind thoughts and good wishes. I have been looking over his shoulder for the past two years watching all of you sharing great conversations and common interest and feel as though we know each other well. Your support is very comforting. My family thanks you.

Dan

Linda Q said...

OMG,Julio and Dan, I am sending good thoughts and prayers your way for Dana. Please keep us posted and keep the faith. God can do miracles!!
More in another post. Kiss that little American too! I so enjoyed his stories, they were a high point of my blog reading!!
((Hugs)) for you all,
Linda

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

I am so sorry. Adding her to my prayer list. laurie

La Maison Fou said...

So sorry to hear of this; my first time to your blog. Thank you for the gorgeous pics of Paris.
I hope things turn for the better for you and your family.
L.

Visual Vamp said...

Julio,
I have not been reading the blogs lately, and just found this news this morning.
My strongest, fiercest, heartfelt prayers are with you and for Dana.
xo xo

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

So sorry to hear this news, and yes she will be in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless.

Paris Atelier said...

Hello My Dear Friend Julio,
I am so sorry to hear about this. I am keeping yur family in my prayers and sending good thoughts your way. All my love to you and the family. Stay stong for Dan and your little prince. Much love to you.
xoxo
Judith~