Friday, March 26, 2010

Trompe l'oeils By Timna Woollard

This past Wednesday night I found an old 1990 film favorite titled "Where The Heart Is" with a celebrity cast that included Dabney Coleman,Uma Thurman and Joanna Cassidy. The story is about Stewart McBain (Coleman) a real-estate mogul who spends his living blowing up old buildings to make room to erect new buildings. However, what blew me away wasn't so much the story. It was the trompe l'oeil works created by artist Timna Woollard that were featured in the film as the works of Suzy Amis who played Chloe, McBain's daughter, an artist commissioned to create a calendar for an insurance company. For her canvas, she used walls in different rooms of the family's home to replicate classic works of art but that included real people who were members of her family. To see this on the big screen was breath taking. Below are the images for each month featured in the movie. If you're a big fan of trompe l'oeil, I think you'll enjoy this movie just for the art work.

Month Of January

Month Of February

Month Of March

Month Of April

Month Of May

Month Of June

Month Of July

Month Of August

Month Of September

Month Of October

Month Of November

Month Of December

4 comments:

Paris Atelier said...

Bonjour Julio,
These are stunning, like a dream. What a gorgeous post!
Much Love!!!
Judith~

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

Oh, I want her to paint my walls! How fabulous! Thank you for posting all twelve months!

I hope Dana is doing well.

My best to the three of you!

Tristan

vignette design said...

I love all of these trompe l'oeils. Thanks for sharing. Hope Dana is doing better too. Thanks for stopping by and saying hi.

Anonymous said...

I've always liked this movie. I thought it would be cool living in the Dutch house with all of those paintings. Woollard is a true artist! The painting with Dylan Walsh is my favorite. His chest gets lost in the painting.