Sunday, November 22, 2009

Condé Nast and Adobe collaborate on digital magazine


Publisher Condé Nast and Adobe Systems are developing a digital-magazine application to be compatible with laptops, netbooks, smart phones, and upcoming electronic slate devices.

Wired magazine, which covers tech news and information, will be the first to adapt the app, which will produce full-color, high-resolution images to replicate the experience of reading a print publication with the convenience of the internet.

This collaboration will bring magazine content into digitalized form for devices available in 2010.
[Full Story]

4 comments:

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

I know it's the wave of the future.

But, I, for one, ENJOY sitting down and curling up with REAL paper magazines and books. I read/watch a lot on the internet...but I hope it doesn't become our entire way of life for everything that was once a tactile experience.

Anonymous said...

I think this idea is very green which is a good one. Less need to cut down trees for paper is always a good thing.

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

So many folks are talking about the demise of a lot of magazines, so this is really interesting, Julio! I'm with Tristan though, I would miss not holding the magazine/book in my hands!

Bill said...

Hello, Julio. Thank you for keeping us informed on current trends, technology, people we should know, cultural events, and so much more.

I appreciate your kind comment. I'm very sorry blogger caused you problems as you attempted to publish it.

I consider you a friend as well. I had your name (and my own) on the first draft of the guest list for my "appreciation dinner," but I decided to let it be just the ladies. I decided I'd be the butler instead. Want to come next time? ;)

I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Bill