Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Chinoiserie Theme Table Setting for Christmas Eve

Hosted a Christmas Eve dinner for Dan's sisters, Kerry, Dana and brother-in-law Steve.
My favorite part of entertaining is setting a table. This year's setting was an homage to Chinoiserie. The dishes are Gump's Imari "Kiku"(Chrysanthemum) pattern which inspired the table's theme.
In the spirit of the Christmas holiday, the red,(wine)gold(water) and green (champagne)colored crystal stemware was added.


To enhance the theme, I added a couple of  colorful Shiwan porcelain figurines,cobalt food dogs and an antique ming vase.

Finally, my favorite part of table decorating was the floral arrangement.   This year's arrangement included Hydrangeas,bougainvilleas,ranunculus,viburnums,alstroemeria,matthiola incana(stock) and orchids.

1 comment:

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Absolutely beautiful! I wish I could see more; the table and the arrangeent.