When it comes to designing the look and feel of your home, there truly isn't a right or wrong way to do things. It all centers around what your personal preferences are and whether or not you can feel comfortable in your own home. Your lawn is no different. Miniature waterfalls have a great deal of aesthetic improvements within the confines of your property. As these can be hand constructed using various materials, the odds of duplicating the exact look and feel are next to impossible.
1. Attractive - When it comes to building your waterfall, there are multitudes of ways and designs you can implement in order to give it that totally unique look and feel. These can be short two-foot miniature falls to much larger, six-feet and up elaborate structures that feed into natural swimming pools. You are the designer and you can base these beautiful additions on real-life water falls, or develop a completely different look and feel. For many home owners, the active waterfall in the yard has an allure regarding nature that they feel utterly comfortable around.
2. Stress Relief - For those who practice yoga or meditate on a regular basis, the soothing sounds of a small waterfall can put you in an excellent frame of mind. There are tens-of-thousands of people around the globe who actively find campsites or hotel rooms that overlook rivers and waterfalls for the sheer sound of running water at night when they sleep. It is a relaxing experience and can help relieve tensions and stress.
3. Creativity - Building a waterfall in your yard is more than simply stacking rocks on each other and running the hose through the top. It can be a way to express yourself through the use of nature as your canvas and tools. There are multitudes of ways to build your waterfall and you can be as creative as you wish. Different rock formations, small pools that feed into each other as the falls digress, even miniature houses and mills can be added as if you were putting together a model of nature.
4. Inexpensive - The more elaborate your waterfall is, the more money you will be putting into the construction. However, there are many people all around the country that wouldn't mind someone coming over to their properties and cleaning up rocks and other natural debris that you can fit into your design. If you can be creative about the materials you use, you can save quite a bit of money.
5. Entertaining - Many of us build or work on various objects because we think it's fun. Models, cars, computers, and more are used as hobbies in order to build something filling us with the feeling of accomplishment. As the waterfall could take a great deal of time to perfect, you could find yourself viewing your scenery as a hobby in order to bring you pleasure from something you have complete control of.
Waterfalls in your yard can do quite a bit in the terms of increasing your home's desirability. Although appraisers in some areas don't include lawn additions in this fashion when determining the value of your home, the personal appeal will arise more interest within those who are looking to buy. If you plan on living in the home for years to come, then you can enjoy your own slice of nature in the form of a running waterfall throughout the remainder of your stay.
This article is contributed by Madoline Hatter. Madoline is a freelance writer and blog junkie from ChangeOfAddressForm.com. You can reach her at: m.hatter12 @ gmail. com.