Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Russian River Dacha Update & Reveal


Greetings!
A long overdue update on our Russian River Dacha beginning with the before photos of the great room.
Great room

Great Room Fireplace

Front Entrance

Bedroom 1
AFTER:










The new archway created to convert a 3rd bedroom into a dining room.



The new opening to the left (previously the 3rd bedroom's closet) leads to the kitchen.

Bedroom 1



Bedroom 2
 



In the next couple of weeks the exterior will get new paint.  All of the aluminum windows will be replaced before the paint is applied.  The front door will also be replaced with a glass top dutch door.  Currently, the colors below are the preferred choices.  However, it may change.


Khaki will be the new primary color.


Hunter green will be the window and door outside trim accent color.  The windows sash inset trim/mullions will be white.

 The front porch fence will be dark brown.


A sample of the dutch door.

Dual pane windows will also come with screen to welcome the fresh outdoor breeze during the spring/fall and summer seasons.

After the exterior is painted and windows/door replaced, we can focus on the final renovation which will be the kitchen.  Although the area is functional(new refrigerator,stove/oven,microwave) it is in desperate need of new task lighting,cabinets,counters and space for a dishwasher.  I will also share the already completed bathroom makeover at the same time because my current pictures did not come out well.  Please continue to stay tuned.
   I will also be linking this post to Metamorphosis Monday hosted by the talented Susan with Between Naps On The Porch.  Please visit her site for great before and after ideas.

21 comments:

Scot Meacham Wood said...

perfect. magical. flawless. and an amazing transformation.

Entertaining Women said...

Impeccable design. I love that you worked witht he existing paneling and stone fireplace. Looks like "old money." Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Vickie H. said...

OMG! there is so much to love here I am almost speechless!!! Beautiful details!! Those tartan curtains are incredible. And the lamps with the custom tartan shades make my heart sing! and and and......I am crazy about every square inch of it!

Alie said...

What a spectacular transformation! You did this yourself?! Thanks so much for sharing!

maison21 said...

lovely!

Bernadine said...

Wow! How gorgeous! I love it all! And it seems like you did this so quickly! Did I miss some posts? I am inspired...

Janie's World said...

Incredibly beautiful!

vignette design said...

Un-bloody-believeable! Perfectly gorgeous, flawless design Julio. I'm amazed. What a transformation!

Barbara from MA said...

Absolutely LOVE IT! Can't wait to see the rest!

cynthia at TheDailyBasics.com said...

GREAT JOB SCOT!!!!

arrielle_p said...

I picture myself living in this place. I really love the interior and exterior shots of those images. So nice to live in a place like that. :)

real estate ph

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! I'm not crazy about the khaki/dark green combo, but maybe it's just the way the colors show up on my monitor. I can't wait to see it finished!

Paisley Curtain said...

Simply a stunning transformation.. Congratulations!

Linda Q said...

Hi Julio and family,
Sorry been away so long, life has been busy and hectic. I am so behind on my own blog. I got to get back with it!
OH MY, your cabin place is amazing, I am in love with it, so me! You two always do an amazing job. Great classic design which I like and is me to a T. I admire people who do all that white on white or tone on tone stuff but give me color and classics! So fun to see, you will have amazing memories made in that space. Hugs for the Little American. We are enjoying our little grandson, Landon, so so much. He is my heart!

Diane said...

Simply stunning! I have been MIA all summer and it has taken me about a month to get caught up in my blog reading. I am loving the new look thus far with the cabin. I have been following your renos since you bought it and must say you have done a spectacular job, loving the plaid/tartan through-out the cabin. Keep us updated. Diane

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love the transformation. What a great place to escape to.

Pat@BPM said...

Incredible transformation. So much to see and learn. Making notes!

marlene said...

WOW! Just so beautiful and charming!

Designs By Pinky said...

Julio, just came over from Susan's and I AM in shock and awe at this transformation!!!!!!!!!! It is gorgeous, just perfection!!!! I hope you have a link so that I can suscribe to your blog. I thought I had but obviously not:( Wishing you both a VERY happy, healthy and blessed new year!!! Pinky

HRH The Duchess of State said...

What a wonderful transformation dahhlings... great to see the end results.. looks like it was lots of fun!

Pattie T. said...

Stunning! Absolutely stunning. Looking at this magnificent place, and then looking back at my own, I just want to throw myself on the floor. I do have one question though, how soon can you get here? ;-)