Monday, December 5, 2011

Vacation House Hunters Resumed



Back of the home
This 1930's 3 bedroom 1 bathroom bank owned fixer upper log cabin was listed just a week ago.  We fell in love with the pictures and immediately scheduled an appointment with our realtor to view the house this past weekend.
Front of the home

The home is a "distressed property" in need of repairs...but as they say "it has good bones".
Living room w/kitchen on the right and one of the bedrooms on the left
 I really love the property and its close proximity to the beach ( across the street) and down town (5 minute drive).   I immediately knew how I wanted to design the spaces.
Back of the home
   Little Daniel, dwarfted by the backyard redwoods.

Back yard
Despite the condition of the house, its charm and fairly large leveled yard makes this property a great find.  As a result we are bidding against 4 other offers.  Keep your fingers crossed. we will post an update as soon as we have one.

12 comments:

Mike said...

Wow,the place is really worth to spend your holidays.I loved all the pics.It is good to spend your holidays somewhere far from the crowd of the city.

Orlando Vacation Packages

Janie's World said...

Looks great, good luck!

Tourshi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vignette design said...

This is the one Julio! I can only imagine how you would decorate this darling log cabin. Of course, it's a dream of mine. Think Ralph Lauren....Oh, I hope you get it!
Fingers crossed for you. ~Delores

MaryBeth said...

Hoping you get it. I can't wait to see the after photos.

HRH The Duchess of State said...

I can't wait to see the after fotos dahhling! (of course I hope you get it first...)

chief gabril said...

There are so many things to do, you can do relatively easily. Of course, still exist, such as Thanksgiving or Halloween peak hours, but if you avoid those few days, you will find things in their most quiet, and much easier to travel.


Bank Owned Home

Entertaining Women said...

Oooh....I hope that you get the house! I can just invision it after you finish with it. Thanks for giving us a peak. Cherry Kay

xinex said...

What a beautiful property, Julio. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!...Christine

Paisley Curtain said...

Good luck Julio. I can imagine how it will look once you touch it with your magic.

Selena Manchester said...

Awww. It looks lovely. :) I adore houses that look so cozy even on the outside. It's quite small because of the fireplace, but it's still worth it. It's indeed a great find. Update us on your new house hunts!

Rodger Ciliberto said...

“Despite the condition of the house, its charm and fairly large leveled yard makes this property a great find. “ I agree with you. In fact, the house still looks sturdy. Plus, the trees surrounding the house do give the place a relaxing atmosphere.