Sunday, June 19, 2011

Project Trim For Metamorphosis Monday


Happy Metamorphosis Monday!
Before: This is the center foyer located between our formal living room and family room. It was used as an extended seating area for my partner Dan's office which is also adjacent to the room. I used blue prep tape to outline the picture frame and chair rail moulding in the room.
After: The wood picture frame and chair rail moulding were purchased at Lowes. I used a 1 1/2 inch trim(colonial pattern) for the picture frame and a 3 inch chair rail(basket weave pattern) for this project.
The room furnished
This room metamorphosis cost approximately $300.00 for labor and materials. Dan and I painted the molding after it was hung and caulked by a professional.
Dan's home office is adjacent to the center foyer on its east side. Bay window seating to the left of his desk has views of the backyard.
I am not looking forward to moving the bookcases and cabinets in this space in order to add the same trim.
I also added the trim work in the formal living room. However, I want to share more of this room with you after empire valance window treatments have been installed and the 2 green velvet chairs (Craig's list finds) have been reupholstered. Please stay tuned. For more Metamorphosis Monday projects, please visit Between Naps On The Porch hosted by the lovely and talented Susan.

20 comments:

Paisley Curtain said...

It is absolutely stunning. You have a beautiful home.Who would know what wonders a few feet of moulding can do.

Paisley Curtain said...

Forgot to mention, love the ormolu bureau plat in the office:)

Allison Shops said...

The trim looks great. Always takes a room up a notch.
Dropping by from Met Monday. I hope you'll come see the safari nursery.

Allison
Atticmag

Rita May said...

Beautiful home!

Sarah said...

Julio, this is a gorgeous space. The trim adds great detail, and your furnishings are wonderful.

Southgate said...

Stunning! I love this space. Visiting from the Met Monday party, and sticking around to see more!

Miss Char said...

Like the others commenting my first thought was stunning. Your home is beautiful and the addition of the mill work to your entry is perfection.

poindextr said...

you have a beautiful home and the work you have completed just makes it even more beautifully appointed. I'm especially smitten with your crystal sconces. Looking forward to the chairs!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Julio, it's totally stunning! The trim finishes it all beautifully!, it's wonderful! Beautiful home. Come over and visit, you're welcome my friend, I'd be thrilled and hope you had a great Father's Day. Lots of hugs. FABBY

abeachcottage said...

Looks great, you did a wonderful job with it!

Junk and Jewels said...

Wonderful post. Love your blog
Sheila @ junkandjewels.blogspot.com

Terry said...

This is a very beautiful transformation. I have always enjoyed the upscale look of picture frame moldings on the wall, and have the lower with chair rail in our study. Love your look.

Inspired by you said...

It looks so elegant! You have done a fantastic job!

Scribbler said...

Fabulous as is everything you do. Are you sure you want to put moulding behind that enormous bookcase? I am so tired right now from working on my kitchen, that at this point, I could not bring myself to think about it! Your home is just exquisite.

Hope you had a good Father's Day.

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

Julio, this is beautiful! I love molding...just completely transforms the whole room. Gorgeous!

Janie's World said...

Julio, your home is exquisite! Traditional Home Magazine would sell millions with your home on the cover. You have such a great ability to put things together. It is timeless as well. Love the new moulding.

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

This is stunning! Loved your space! Hope to see you on my blog:)

Pamela said...

What a beautiful transformation! Can you come help me do my house!?;)

Rettabug said...

WOW, what a transformation, Julio! I just ♥ it!
Having helped the ex-DH install molding, I can honestly say you were VERY smart to hire the professional.

Perhaps you should look into that ezmoving system for when you start on Dan's office?
http://www.ezmoves.com

I told the current DH that we need it!! We're both getting too old to be shoving furniture around.

Hugs to you & both your guys,
Rett

p.s. Happy Belated Fathers Day!

Anonymous said...

Where are you? I really miss your blog!