Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fragrances For Dad


With Fathers' Day only 5 days away, I'm sure many of you have already chosen the perfect gift for Dad. If not, or if you're already considering a fragrance for him but not sure what kind, here are my current favorites:

(From top left to right)

Bvlgari Pour Homme Soir- 3.4 oz costs between $30.00-$40.00 3.4 oz.
DESIGN HOUSE - Bvlgari
YEAR INTRODUCED - 2006
FRAGRANCE NOTES - Darjeeling Tea, Bergamot, Musk, Papyrus Amber
RECOMMENDED USE - day or evening

Boss Black- 4 oz costs between $50.00-60.00
DESIGN HOUSE - Hugo Boss
YEAR INTRODUCED - 2000
FRAGRANCE NOTES - clean and fresh with woodsy low notes.
RECOMMENDED USE - casual

L'Homme YSL- 2 oz costs between $35.00-40.00
DESIGN HOUSE - Yves Saint Laurent
YEAR INTRODUCED - 2006
FRAGRANCE NOTES - Cedar Virginia Cedar, Ginger, Violet, Citron, White Pepper, Basil Flower, Ozone, Tonka Bean, Sandalwood, Vetiver
RECOMMENDED USE- day or evening

RL Safari-2.5 oz costs between $35.00-40.00
DESIGN HOUSE - Ralph Lauren
YEAR INTRODUCED - 1992
FRAGRANCE NOTES - a subtle blend of citrus, and eucalyptus, with woodsy and leather notes, very manly.
RECOMMENDED USE - evening

Happy Fathers Day







7 comments:

vignette design said...

Thanks for the tips Julio. I never know what kind of cologne to get for Mr. A!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

scott wears l'homme and i love it!

Janie's World said...

Colognes are so hard to pick because they seem to smell different on everyone. To complicate things, I will give you my husbands two favorites. Hanae Mori (his all time favorite, he starts to panic when it gets low) and Dirty English by Juicy (who would have thought). Thanks for sharing Julio!!!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Janie, Hanae Mori is my daily cologne! I get so many compliments and LOVE it. so glad i'm not the only one!

Anonymous said...

I love the mens cologne by Armani which I think is called Aqua.

Kathy

Julio said...

Hi Delores,Stefan,Janie and Kathy!

Janie & Stefan,
I thought I was on top of the best smells, but you two introduced me to a new fragrance. I cannot wait to try it.

Kathy..I forgot about Aqua Gio which used to be a favorite of mine as well.

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

good suggestions...I've been wearing Safari for years. I'm too old to switch! If Ralph ever changes the formula, I'm going to hunt him down and shave his head like a diseased dog.