Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A May Affair For A Beloved Mother


Happy Tablescape Thursday! For more colorful and creative table settings, please click on the image above to Between Naps On The Porch blog hosted by the lovely and talented Susan.



I created this table setting as a dedication to my beloved mother in celebration of Mother's Day.

(click on images to enlarge)
The tablecoths are fabrics that I purchased on sale at a nearby
bridal fabric shop. A beautiful pink satin with a floral embroidery pattern throughout. The topper was a pale pink tulle beaded with miniature pink pearls on the hem. Unfortunately, I was unable to truly capture the beauty of the trim with my camera outdoors.

The vintage etched stemware was a find at a nearby antiques store.

Pale yellow and pink ribbons placed together to bring more of the colors to the table. Crystal brooches from Michael's crafts store. The sky blue menu with silver medallion stamp tucked in the napkin pocket.

Vintage Minton china

Saint Francis Pattern by Barton & Reed

For evening drama(providing there are no mosquitoes) I purchased an empire chandelier which was originally hardwired and converted it to a plug- in to hang over a tablescape such as this which creates the perfect ambiance. I hope to create another outdoor tablescape for the evening before the weather gets cool. Stay tuned.

Colorred crystal stemware by Faberge

This is actually a placecard sitting on top of a napkin ring. I love the look of the napkin rings by Faberge with its rich enameled colors the brilliant crystals and pearls. I thought they would work perfectly with the tablescape so I was lucky enough to find placecards with a similar enamel color and finish that fit perfectly on top.

Sterling silver candelabras from my partner Dan's grandmother which were gifted to her on her wedding day.

I created the large floral arrangements with a variety of tulips,peonies and other(sorry, I forgot their names) flowers purchased from my local Costco.

The 2 smaller floral arrangements consists of a mix from(I think stalk or tube roses)Costco with Peruvian lilies and snap dragons from my garden.

Thank you very much for visiting my tablescape.

33 comments:

Janie's World said...

A beautiful and elegant table! Soft with the pastels and a feast for the eyes. I absolutely love your stemware. I have my eye on some stemware made by Varga. (I became enamored with Varga after I read a post you did). I just have to make up my mind which pattern I like. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!

Peacock Blue said...

How beautiful! The stemware's pastel colors are so springy and pretty outside!

marty39 said...

Everything is stunning. So pretty and perfect. I love the soft colors. Your stemware is lovely as well as the tablesetting. I love it all. Hugs, Marty

Melissa Marie said...

Absolutely beautiful... the colors are so soft and elegant... I love it. :)

FOR THE SAKE OF TIME said...

what a beautiful tablescape. I adore the tuber roses. The stemware is to die for. Thank you for sharing.

Charla

Dana and Daisy said...

so very pretty!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

a wonderful mother's day table! Happy Tablescape Thursday ~ Susan

DebraJ said...

Oh my gosh, gorgeous!! And the the stemware!! Beautiful colors....

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

This is beautiful. Wow what a gorgeous table. I love all the colors you used. And the tablecloth is stunning. Wow! What a lovely idea to do this as a memorial to your mother. She would be so touched. I know I am!
Blessings,
Debbie

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

Julio...you always make my chin drop! Pure delight to view your tablescapes! The china and crystal are gorgeous! The candlelabras are beautiful...how wonderful to have those with all the memories they must hold. I love how large your photos become when clicked on...I had to click on them all! :-) Love the outdoor setting! Thanks for a wonderful TT!
Susan

susan said...

Oh my goodness!! I love the combination of the formal elegance with the outdoor setting. I know your mom was impressed by this which must truly have been done with love!

Marsha's Mpressions said...

WOW! Julio, love it. The ribbon around the menu is a great idea.

kelly said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love it! I want to come and sit for tea in the garden!

Mary said...

Oh so very beautiful!

Kathleen Ellis said...

BEAUTIFUL! a lovely tribute to your mom! The mix of spring colors is perfect and soft and feminine!
Happy Thursday!
;-D

Shelia said...

OH, what an elegant table you've set! Any mother would feel so honored to sit here.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Such a beautiful and elegant table. The floral arrangements are just stunning. Standing ovation and encore!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

So gorgeous, so elaborate, so elegant, so beautiful!! I know your mother must have been very pleased!!

Katherine

Katy said...

Absolutely wonderful table, I adore the stemware ... truly special! Thanks so much for sharing! Beautiful!

xinex said...

How elegant and pretty! What a beautiful setting!..Christine

A Touch of Country said...

I love the buckle on the napkin. So pretty! You did a fabulous job!

Lorna ~ Lace and Ivy Cottage said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your attention to detail is remarkable!

Fifi Flowers said...

BEAUTIFUL tables!

Linda said...

Beautiful, love the flowers with the stemware. Just so lovely!
Hope you all have been well, I haven't been by for a bit. I get busy and hard to keep up with the blog world when I do.Great job Julio!!
Linda

Robin said...

Fabulous!.....
I love the color pallet you chose.

Have a beautiful day.

Candy said...

Lovely tribute. Very elegant design on the dishes, love the colors.
Wonderful creation.

Blessings,
Candy

Mama said...

Your tablescapes are just stunning each and every detail, love your china, stemware, flatware and linens and your faberge napkin rings just sparkle, and by taking it all outdoors in your gorgeous gardens just make your mother's day tablescape perfect. Kathy.

Miss Laura Lu/RMS4291960 said...

This is my first visit! I love traditional and color so this is right up my alley! Your tables are beautiful! God Bless! Lauralu :)

Scribbler said...

I think this is quite possibly the most beautiful table I have ever seen -- you are a very good son.

Scribbler

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

What an elegant tablescape. Everything is so beautiful. I especially love the stemware. Stunning!

Linda/"Mom" said...

* Seeing another incredibly beautiful, almost ethereal table by you is such a JOY. I so love the way you put your heart, as well as your talents, into all your tablesettings! Thanks for the most special treat!

Warmly,
Linda in AZ *

lama said...

Oooh, you’re such an inspiration. I love this blog!
Flatware pattern guide. Active and discontinued sterling flatware patterns for sale at very affordable prices.