Monday, December 22, 2008

Our 2008 Holiday Dinner Party For Six

Happy Holidays All!

As I promised you on my Holiday Home tour post, below are the photos of this past weekend's holiday dinner we hosted for four very close neighbors in our dining room. We had a terrific time and I'm still wearing the hangover to prove it. I must say that as much as I loved the end result of decorating the table and home...it definitely reminded me of how exhausting it can be. This is probably why you may not see another table like this from me in a very long long time.


I created the centerpiece with red roses,peruvian lilies,snap dragons,red holly berries,fresh lemons,miniature red apples and a variety of evergreens such as cedar,fir etc.


The 2 compotes were actually an after thought. I purchased more flowers then I needed for the table centerpiece so I simply used the leftovers in the compotes. They were removed from the table before everyone sat down for dinner.


Another view of the table looking toward the front of the home. The vintage Asian wallpaper is by Albert Van Luit & Company.


The silver votive candle holders with the red beaded shade were a great find at our local Target store many years ago. They are still one of my holiday favorites.


An aerial view of the table. The emerald champagne and ruby red wine hock crystal stemware are by Waterford from the Clarendon collection. The water goblets are by Arte Italica from the Medici collection.

The porcelain dinnerware is by Bernardaud from the Elysee collection.



I couldn't end this post without sharing pictures of our little guy whoo-ing all the women that attended my partner Dan's office holiday luncheon this past Friday at the Grange restaurant.

14 comments:

Regina P. said...

You have a spectacular home. I enjoyed the tour and your dinner table is just breath taking. You have my life and I want it back(j/k). Thank you for sharing your beautiful home.

Paris Atelier said...

OKay first and foremost your little one is too cute! You are so lucky and so is he! And, second that comment you left for me might be the single nicest compliment I have ever recieved!!! I think I am a gay man trapped in a women's body!! That explains so much! :) I am so honored to have met you on here and value our blogalicious friendship! Thank you and I hope you have the merriest of all holidays. This year will be extra special . Seeing the holidays through a child's eyes brings an entirely new meaning to it!
Merry Christmas!!!
Judith~

JM said...

Congratulations on the beautiful table decoration! It's brilliant!
Wish you a fantastic 2009!
Greetings
JM

pve design said...

Oh, what a beautiful table you have set.
I also am exhausted after all that work, but excited for the new year and all that it will inspire!

decorator lover said...

Your table is set beautifully. Your guests must have felt very special. I love the dinner plates.

Cote de Texas said...

omg - that outfit! what a peacock!!!! those curls - I think I'm in love. and your table, forget it. it's just tooooo beautiful. did you stand on a ladder for that one shot? I'd be that proud of it too. What decor!!!!

mayaG said...

What an elegant setting befitting for a king.

Susan said...

beautiful table!

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Love the vibrant colors of this table! Welcome to Tablescape Tuesdys! Or Thursday as it will be from now on.

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

I absolutely love this tablescape...I remember seeing it at RMS and swooning! I know it was a lot of work but WOW....so worth it! And your dining room is gorgeous! Ok, I'll quit gushing now. :-) Your photos are beautiful, btw...love the lighting...completely enchanting. Thanks for sharing this beautiful table for this Tablescape Tuesday.
Susan

Glenda said...

The flowers alone are beautiful, but when combined with the rest of the table they make a stunning statement. Everything speaks to a desire for perfection, and you definitely achieved it. Wonderful presentation.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Your tablescape is out of this world.. Your attention to detail is incredible. I'm so glad I swung by .. your lighting is magical.. hugs ~lynne~

Chris said...

I can't believe I've been so remiss as to MISS your tablescape. I've been criminally busy (not committing crimes). It's good to catch up with your blog, and these beautiful pictures make it luscious.

Chris said...

I must have those table lamps, BTW.