Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Thanksgiving Party For Four


Hopefully, all of you that celebrate Thanksgiving enjoyed the holiday. Ours was small but perfect. This year, we decided to have Thanksgiving at home with 2 close friends who also made the decision to stay home instead of flying east to their families. The past 6 Thanksgivings have been spent traveling to extended family's to celebrate. It was really nice to stay home for a change.



Dan prepared the traditional feast of Turkey,mashed potatoes,sausage stuffing,cranberries and a vegetable medley.
I prepared the table using a cornucopia filled with a variety of gourds and miniature pumpkins. I set the table with porcelain dishes purchased from Ebay. The heavy glass stem wares were a gift from Dan's parents.



We sat down to eat at 4:30pm. We were finished by 6pm and convened to the family room for coffee with pumpkin and apple pie.



Shortly after, we took a stroll around the neighborhood park. The night was clear and perfect for an evening wandering. As we walked, we could see families in their homes along the park just sitting down for their Thanksgiving feast.


Our evening ended at 8pm as we bid our 2 dear friends good night. We unwind to traditional holiday music as I share my evening with you before retiring to bed.
A very Happy Thanksgiving and wishes for a splendid holiday season.

4 comments:

Cote de Texas said...

What a gorgeous table! at first I thought it was a professional ad!! just wonderful.

lady jicky said...

What a beautifully set table. Wish I was there! LOL

katiedid said...

What a wonderful table! And thank you so much for visiting my blog. I bet we run across each other all of the time without even realizing! You have a wonderful blog and I am adding your link! I hope you don't mind.:)

Cote de Texas said...

I hate myself.