Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Day At Versailles

Below are some old photos I found from our trip to Versailles in the summer of 2004. In my opinion, this was the most beautiful palace of all the ones that I had seen throughout Europe, until I visited the Peterhof palace in Saint Petersburg,Russia. I will post those images once I locate them. Nevertheless, if you only get a chance to visit Versailles, it will definitely satiate your love for the finest in classic objets d' decoration. Unfortunately, the hall of mirrors room was undergoing some maintenance so there were quite a few scaffolding obstructing certain views in the room which was a personal disappointment. I was told this room is a visual feast. I believe that's a good enough reason to revisit soon.














1 comment:

Be the change..... said...

thanks for sharing your beautiful photographs! My favorite is of the chapel - probably my favorite room in the palace! I can't wait to see your photos of peterhof!