Sunday, December 28, 2014

2014 Christmas Dinner

On Christmas Day this year, we invited Papa Dan's twin sister Dana and her husband Steve along with our close friends Kerry and Leslie for dinner. 
Although the table was dressed up, the dinner was simple, delicious and fitting for the season.
Papa Dan cooked his favorite organic, uncured honey spiral cut ham,  fresh haricot vert in Kerrygold (Little Daniel's favorite) butter with slivers of almonds and a wild rice casserole. Sister Dana made her famous baked macaroni and cheese topped with buttered breadcrumbs.  The decadent St. Honore cake from Dianda's Italian Bakery was brought by Kerry and Leslie .
The pre-dinner appetizers were a combination of selected gourmet cheeses and the above headliner, potato pancakes with sour cream and caviar. 
Unfortunately, the great company and conversations distracted me so I forgot to capture a photo of the main meal.  However, I managed to capture a photo of the second course garden salad of fresh herbs, tomatoes and avocado with olive oil and balsamic dressing.
Daniel enjoyed being the only young man at the celebration and was the center of attention.  I hope your Christmas holiday was a pleasant and memorable occasion.

2 comments:

Linda Q said...

Hi, I am trying to get back to blogging. So of course had to look at your wonderful blog Julio. One of my favs!! :)

Janie Gore said...

Oh my, how little Daniel has grown! Quite a handsome young man. Your table looked elegant as usual. Great to see you on the blog again. I'm not as active myself, but love seeing "old friends" and being caught up on family and activities!