Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Green,Gold & Sliver Christmas

Greetings!  I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season.  We are looking forward to our very first Christmas at the Russian River cabin.  However, as you can see, it doesn't mean our favorite holiday gets overlooked at home. 
This is the second year the tree has been in this corner of the room.  In past years it stood in another corner on the opposite side of the sofa.
 I maintained the room's green,gold and silver color palette in the tree trimmings and  ribbons.
I really like this location.  The draperies behind the tree really dresses it up giving it a more formal and classic look.
The mantel.  I carried the green,gold and silver color theme here as well.  A beautiful oil painting of Venice normally hangs as the center focal point. 

However, I borrowed the mirror from another room of the house for this year's holiday mantel-scape.  Next, is the adjacent piano room and finally the Russian River cabin.  Please stay tuned.  Happy Holidays.

8 comments:

Janie's World said...

I'm expecting Traditional Home Magazine to call you at any time to feature your beautiful home! Stunning!

Tracey Steele@Breathing English Air said...

Beautiful! I like the way you have used the three colours.

Barbara from MA said...

JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!

Designs By Pinky said...

Your tree and mantle are stunning! I love the color scheme and the room is gorgeous! XO, Pinky

Jennifer Richards said...

In all honesty, I was so awestruck when I saw your home. It is emitting warmness and it is very soothing to look at even if it it is just in the photographs. You have a very beautiful house.
Jennifer of open floor plan design.

Bernadine said...

Thanks for sharing your home with us. I love the way you decorate and live. I'm kind of skipping Christmas this year. I'm being a big Bah-Humbug, I know. But that doesn't mean I can't get up early on Christmas Eve morning and see how others have brought the Christmas season into their homes. And I just love how you've done it! Beautiful!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Another gorgeous room. Looks like a magazine spread.

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

there is some serious elegance going on here! Just beautiful and I loved seeing the river home transformation over at Susan's place this morning. It must give you great joy. :) Happy New Year