Friday, June 8, 2012

The Little American's Journey Begins

 Bon Giorno everyone!  We are at the San Francisco International airport getting ready to check in for our flight to Rome, Italy.  Sheepy is very excited he gets to be carried on the plane.  My other friends, Inchy(stuffed inch worm) & George(stuffed monkey) have to hide out in my carry-on until we get settled on board and safely in the air. We fly directly out of San Francisco to Paris(11 hours) then take a transfer flight to Rome(1 1/2 hours).

 So glad Sheepy and I cleared security.  I was also happy Inchy and George didn't make a sound or move in the carry so we passed through without a hitch.

 I am Taking advantage of the complimentary snacks and beverages at the airport lounge as we await to board the plane.


Aaaah! I can get used to this.....
Movie and a meal, what a deal.
I am in my pajamas having an orange sorbet for dessert.
I received an activities kit from the flight attendant.  First dinner, then dessert and now this...I know I am going to like this vacation.
A little night lullaby before sleep
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Whoa, I thought for sure I'd be at our destination by the time I woke up....can't believe we still have 2 more hours to go.
We finally arrived at our hotel, Parco Dei  Principi and boy am I ready for bed.
Daddy, can you please shut the camera off and check in with the front desk.
Yes! Nice old world style which is a family favorite.



Time to unpack,shower and hit the sack for tomorrow's adventure.  Good night.

7 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I am so happy there is another Little American series. Your son is the most stylish traveler I have ever seen. The suit, the hat, the stuffed friend. I am loving it all and can't wait for the next post.
I hope you all have a wonderful time and enjoy every moment.
MB

Janie's World said...

Ditto Mary Beth... Have fun!

Entertaining Women said...

I keep tearing up when I think that without the two of you, this precious child would have never experienced this magnificent adventure. Have a grand time! Thanks for inviting us to share the joys of the journey. Cherry Kay

The Sewing Loft said...

I am looking forward to your latest adventure. Hope you got lot's of rest and are having fun. :)

Bernadine said...

What a sweet post. I'm so impressed that he's so chic when traveling (you guys must be too). I have four kids and we never looked that pulled together for a flight! Enjoy your trip.

Connie said...

You guys are very chic! Have a very beautiful time in that great city!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I can not believe how big your son has gotten. He is just beautiful! He is going to be the most debonair, well traveled, educated man. You are such fine parents. I love that you take your son with you. He looks like such a well mannered young man. He wears his clothes so well!